This book is a must for anyone in the state legislative lobbying arena. Guide to State Legislative Lobbying, 4th edition provides a roadmap on the art and science of effectively managing a results-oriented state affairs program.
American Physical Therapy Association, Washington, D.C.
This fourth edition adds 100 pages of facts, figures, insights, and techniques from across the USA. This manual will help:
- Novices jump-start their careers
- Multi-state practitioners anticipate other states’ processes
- Principals get better ROIs on personnel, money, and political capital
- Lobbyists improve client quality and resource management
- Managers ably and confidently lead staff and quality-control contractors
- Coalitions establish a basic reference source for lobbying protocol
- Remediate amateurs and weed out dangerously ill-informed advocates
- Legislators and advocates achieve more together
- Academics teach and students master legislative campaigning
As a former elected official and news reporter, I know the importance and role lobbying plays every day and at all levels of government. This book is vital for those learning in the classroom and in the field about the way the legislative process really works and how they can successfully influence it.
SCOTT R. TALAN
SOC and Faculty in Residence
American University, Washington, D.C.
Winning with Lobbyists, either the Readers edition (Manual 4) or the Professional edition (Manual 5) is the next step in lobbying sophistication. Manual 4 is for principals not hiring contract lobbyists and for general readers. Manual 5 is a must for principals utilizing contract lobbyists.