Remote Workshop: How To Successfully Lobby State Regulatory Agencies (Rulemaking)
Date & Time: November 17, 2023, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (EST)
Location: National Landing – 2451 Crystal Dr, Arlington, VA 22202
Regulatory agencies have the authority to shape and modify the laws enacted by the legislature. They create most of the body of law through their rulemaking power. If you want to influence agencies to adopt rules that favor your interests, you need to learn how to engage with agency staff strategically and persuasively. This workshop, led by Robert L Guyer, an expert in rulemaking and advocacy, will teach you how to do that.
You will learn how to:
- Understand agency structure, power, and constraints.
- Design and execute an agency rulemaking lobbying campaign.
- Work well with an agency before formal notice of rulemaking.
- Participate successfully in rule development and adoption.
- Explore post rule adoption appeals, enforcement, and litigation.
- Preserve your legal standing to challenge agency actions
• And much more…
This workshop is vital for anyone who engages in or hires lobbyists who specialize in agency rulemaking.
You will also receive:
- The Lobby School detailed 265-page practice manual with information and guidance that goes far beyond that covered in a 4-hour workshop and 30-page handout.
- As a refresher, a one-time 50% discount on our 15-video lobbying series.
- Twenty-five percent discount on one-on-one coaching from Mr. Guyer.
Register 14 days before the seminar date and save $50 with our early bird discount. Register for three or more workshops and get an additional $50 discount off the package.
Whether you are new to agency lobbying, planning to hire a lobbyist specializing in agencies, or an experienced professional looking to update or refine your skills, this workshop is a crucial step in your lobbying journey.
Do not let this opportunity pass you by and register now!