How to Successfully Lobby State Legislatures: Overview of Lobbying (Part 1 of 2-part series)
Date & Time: November 16, 2023, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: National Landing – 2451 Crystal Dr, Arlington, VA 22202
Workshop 1: Overview of Lobbying (Part 1)
- Date: Nov 16, 2023, 9:00-1:00 PM EST
- Learn state lobbying basics, legislative processes, and effective advocacy from experienced lobbyist Robert Guyer. Topics include understanding legislative processes, identifying influencers, evaluating political strength, forming alliances, and more.
Workshop 2: Face-to-Face Negotiation and Lawmaker Persuasion (Part 2)
- Date: Nov 16, 2023, 1:00-5:00 PM EST
- Master negotiation skills, legislator persuasion, and follow-up strategies for successful lobbying campaigns. Topics include negotiating with special interests, developing motivating strategies, making effective lobbying visits, and more.
This series of workshops will teach you the basics of state lobbying, negotiation, and lawmaker persuasion from Robert Guyer, an experienced state lobbyist, author, and educator. He will share his insights and those of his students and tips on how to effectively advocate for your interests in state legislatures.
You will learn how to:
- Understand and benefit from legislative processes.
- Identify influencers of each lawmaker to develop strategy.
- Evaluate and enhance your political strength.
- Form coalitions and alliances that boost your political power.
- And much more…
Do not miss this chance to start a new or build on an existing lobbying career.
You will also get:
- The Lobby School 85-page legislative glossary, 275-page legislative practice manual, and 221-page next steps practice manual. These references provide details and guidance well beyond that presentable in a 4-hour workshop and 39-page handout.
- Opportunities to network with other participants.
- A one-time 50% discount on our 15-video lobbying series as a refresher.
- A 25% discount on one-on-one coaching from Mr. Guyer.
And if you hire contract lobbyists (workshop four), this Overview will help you be a more effective client and consumer of contract lobbying services.
Whether you are new to agency lobbying, planning to hire a lobbyist specializing in agencies, or an experienced professional looking to update or refine your skills, this workshop is a crucial step in your lobbying journey.
Secure Your Seat in Advance for Savings: Register at least 14 days ahead and enjoy a 10% discount. Bundle multiple workshops for an extra 10% off. Don’t miss out—enroll now!”